Lord knows I’ve gotten in plenty trouble at and after gigs in my life. As a musician whose career has spanned over 25 years, I have made all if not most of these mistakes. My friend and extraordinary drummer, in his own right, has put these life lessons in music into a concise and easily digestible list. Please heed the wisdom of these words. I’m living proof that they will save your life.
1) Don’t make comments about, get friendly with, or communicate w/ a married woman.
2) If ur gonna drink, drink at the Beginning of the gig, so you have time to sober up and get home when its over.
3) If ur killing on ur instrument, Do Not make direct eye contact with that girl that is staring u down. U have found the key. Shes trying to direct u to her ignition…
4) Pack up Quickly when the gig is over and go Home.
5) Hug a woman Around or Above her arms. Let those arms be like two Sex guardrails, keepin you on the path of righteousness.
6) Text messages, pics, and Emails are Forever. If u cant stand by what u say, dont give it a Body.
7) Trust your First mind.
8) Leave old trouble in the past, or remember the Whole thing. Dont just think about how Good it was- remember how Bad it was too, then decide.
9) Dont talk too long with ur fellow bandmates about booty, because those heathens will turn u into a heathen, and ull be caught up from a conversation.
10) Give ur passions a moment to Die down. After u play, the atmosphere is Swimming with spirits looking for a place to go. Stay on ur instrument for a min and let the air clear, Then move to the people.
By sharay reed