Please Click this link to donate to our cause! Any amount is appreciated!
Click here to support us!
Promoting Physical & Mental Wellness Among Cancer Survivors and Their Community Through Dragon Boating.
Redefining Cancer Survivorship
The 10th Annual Charleston Dragon Boat Festival will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2017 at Brittlebank Park. Registration opens on December 1, 2016.
The Charleston Dragon Boat Festival is a fun day for corporate and community teams to picnic and paddle together on the Ashley River in 41 foot dragon boats. There’s a reason we were voted “Favorite Lowcountry Fundraising Event” in the Post & Courier’s Charleston Choice Awards! It’s because you can’t beat paddling to the beat of a dragon heart on the Ashley River with your friends!
- Registration is $850
- DBC asks each paddler to raise at least $50
- No experience necessary, we will provide your training
- Each team should consist of 20 paddlers, 1 drummer and some alternates.
- Only 2 Club paddlers per team (club paddler is defined as anyone who practices/ed regularly with a team, has attended a camp/clinic or has attended races).
- Team members must be at least 14 years of age. Waiver forms are required.
- Mixed teams must have a MINIMUM of 8 female paddlers
- Less than 8 women on a team will put your team in the men’s division
- 2 practice session will be provided two weeks before the festival
How does your donation benefit Lowcountry cancer survivors? On average, it costs individuals $250.00 per person to participate with Dragon Boat Charleston (that does not include travel costs). Our mission is to make sure cancer survivors are able to participate WITHOUT ever paying that cost. Survivors participate in year-round paddling, yoga, nutrition, support and off-water exercise programs FREE OF CHARGE!
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO WWW.CHARLESTONDRAGONBOATFESTIVAL.COM or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out in the Post & Courier’s Choice of Charleston Awards! http://http//pnccontests.secondstreetapp.com/l/Phase-3-Charlestons-Choice?utm_source=POSTandCOURIER&utm_campaign=3FLB9XOZ59